The New PHP-Fusion USA
by NetriX - 10 months ago

Official Announcements

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Database Backup
afoster
At one time there was an infusion that automatically made and saved a backup of the database. The backup could be configured to be sent to an email address. It is no longer working and I am wondering if anyone knows about any other infusion that would do the same thing. I am using 7.02.07

DUH...never mind. I just saw the option in the admin module to back up the database.

I did like the old infusion however because it automatically backed it up using a cron job.
Edited by afoster on 05-24-2016 11:29

skpacman
I used to have one that made automatic backups. I don't have it anymore since it only worked with V6. I was about to point you to the regular backup thing before I read the edit on your post.

glad you found it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand binary,
and those who don't...

afoster
The Guest Tracker infusion that I believe I downloaded from here had ballooned to over 6 GB and once I deleted the entries in the DB table, the problem went away. I am now getting the backups on a daily basis again.

skpacman
Yeah. There was a disclaimer in that infusion stating the database would get huge if it wasn't maintained on high traffic sites. I don't recommend using it at all. I think I've removed the infusion from everywhere pertinent, but I may have missed a couple floating around.

If you find it useful, go ahead and use it. I, personally, don't even know why I made that terrible infusion in the first place. I guess I was just young and naive and paranoid when I made it several years ago...

either way, I'm glad you solved your problem.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand binary,
and those who don't...

Jump to Forum: