Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Where Is Everyone?
afoster
It appears this site is dead as no one responds to posts or private messages. It is unfortunate as at one time it was a very good resource for anything php-fusion related. Then again, it seems that most of the "old" php-fusion sites have dropped out or are not updating anything.

NetriX
You're right, it's tough to remain motivated. Especially when our entire support staff - other than I - has abandoned ship.

I wished things would pick up with v9, but its' release keeps getting pushed back.

We shall see what the future holds.

p.s. I've been down due to PC issues, new build just arrived Monday so all is well.
Need help? Having trouble?
» View our Documentation for guides, functions and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Attach Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues
» My support days are usually Sun-Wed. Send me a PM if urgent.

afoster
Thanks for your response and sorry to hear about the support staff abandoning ship. I truly believe that the constant delays to get v9 out and updated has caused many sites to give up especially since the new version has no backward capability as it relates to infusions and mods. Not to mention it seems way too complicated for any but very good coders which is going to further alienate some users. As you say, time will tell and it is a matter of how much more time will pass before it all settles down.

douwe_yntema
The main problem lies in the develop team keeps on adding more features in the so called planned release in stead of making things working well. Also there are way to many bugs.
And a big problem is there is no working conversion from V7 to V9

NetriX

>douwe_yntema wrote:

The main problem lies in the develop team keeps on adding more features in the so called planned release in stead of making things working well. Also there are way to many bugs.
And a big problem is there is no working conversion from V7 to V9

I totally agree with you, we should of had a development plan set and reach that goal without adding additional features. Then once 9.00 releases, add the additional features for 9.01 and thereafter.

The current 9.00 release offered on main is currently in an abysmal state and should be removed.

With that being stated, they've essentially scrapped 9.00 development stability and have started a new CMS.

Need help? Having trouble?
» View our Documentation for guides, functions and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Attach Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues
» My support days are usually Sun-Wed. Send me a PM if urgent.

afoster
I had not seen that post which means that there won't be an updated version of this CMS for quite a while. It is too bad because they tried to fix something that wasn't broken.

Jump to Forum: